friendships come and go and it's okay to be sad about it

It's okay to be sad when your relationship with someone you loved and cared about is no longer the same, and it's normal too. Some circumstances just can't accomodate your friendship and understanding that it's not an either either situation is alot.

Even some of my bestest friends I'm no longer talking to, and that doesn't mean I think badly of them, I smile back on the memories and appreciate that window of time where the universe allowed us to be friends. Sometimes you get more attached to a friend and it's even more painful when the universe takes them away, but just as friendships phase out they can also phase back in. You don't have to be bitter or salty, when you never know what people are going through. It's okay to let someone go knowing that they may have meant so much to your life at one point. It's like John greens question "does the love of someone in your past still carry you today?".

He acknowledges how this person is no longer present in his life, but how their love as friends in earlier life still carries him forward in small ways. It makes you grateful for the times when you do have a friend because it's not permanent. Everyone can still be happy.

So goodbye friend, maybe it's not forever, but just for now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Y'all I wish that he would stay in my memories

lessons learned?